| 24 August 2004|
24 August 2004
| Alan Parsons albums, Progressive rock albums|
A Valid Path is the fourth solo album that Alan Parsons recorded after splitting from his previous group The Alan Parsons Project. The record was released on 24 August 2004 via Artemis label.
The gap between this and his previous album, The Time Machine, was the second greatest period between two consecutive albums, second only to the time between the split of The Alan Parsons Project and Parsons' first solo work (not counting Freudiana). In addition to contributors such as David Gilmour, another noteworthy musical credit on the album is Parsons' son, Jeremy Parsons, his debut appearance on his father's albums.
A Valid Path was released on Audio CD and DualDisc, with the DualDisc containing the album recorded in 5.1 Surround in both DTS and Dolby Digital formats. Other features of the DualDisc include a track commentary by the artist and interviews with Alan Parsons and the main collaborators on the release including David Gilmour and The Crystal Method.
Alan Parsons – vocals, guitar, keyboards, vocoder
Jeremy Parsons – guitar
P. J. Olsson – vocals, programming
Michele Adamson, Lisa Parsons – vocals
John Cleese, Orson Welles – spoken vocals
David Gilmour – guitar on "Return to Tunguska"
Alastair Greene – guitar
Scott Kirkland – keyboards, programming
Ken Jordan, Simon Posford – programming
- "Return To Tunguska" – (Alan Parsons, Simon Posford) Instrumental, featuring Shpongle & David Gilmour – 8:48
- "More Lost Without You" – (Parsons, Olsson) Lead Vocal P.J. Olsson – 3:20
- "Mammagamma 04" – (Parsons, Eric Woolfson) Instrumental; remix of "Mammagamma", featuring Jeremy Parsons – 5:06
- "We Play The Game" – (Parsons, Ken Jordan, Scott Kirkland) Lead Vocal Alan Parsons, featuring The Crystal Method – 5:33
- "Tijuaniac" – (Parsons, Mogt, Ruiz, Mendoza, Amezcua, Beas) Instrumental featuring Nortec Collective – 5:21
- "L'Arc En Ciel" dedicated to Anson Grossfeld 1957–2004 – (Parsons, Wiles) Instrumental featuring Überzone – 5:26
- "A Recurring Dream Within A Dream" a composite of "A Dream Within A Dream" & "The Raven" – (both compositions by Parsons, Woolfson) Lead Vocal Alan Parsons featuring Jeremy Parsons and narration by Orson Welles – 4:06
- "You Can Run" – (Parsons, Pack) Lead Vocal David Pack featuring Deep E – 3:51
- "Chomolungma" – (Parsons, Parsons, Olsson) Instrumental featuring Jeremy Parsons & P.J. Olsson with added concluding narration by John Cleese – 6:35
1Return to Tunguska8:48A Valid Path Wikipedia
2More Lost Without You3:20