Release date 1979
Genres Jazz, Vocal jazz
|Recorded July 12, 1979|
Producer Norman Granz
|A Perfect Match
(1979) Ella Abraça Jobim
Artists Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie Orchestra
Awards Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Female
Similar Ella Fitzgerald albums, Jazz albums
A Perfect Match is a 1979 (see 1979 in music) live album by the American jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald, accompanied by the Count Basie Orchestra, and featuring Count Basie himself on the last track.
This is the last of four albums Fitzgerald recorded at Montreux Jazz Festival to be released.
Ella's performance on this album won her the 1980 Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Female.
Two further tracks from this concert, "I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance With You" and "Flying Home" appeared on the 1979 album Digital III at Montreux.
- "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone" (Sidney Clare, Sam H. Stept) – 2:02
- "Sweet Georgia Brown" (Ben Bernie, Kenneth Casey, Maceo Pinkard) – 3:07
- "Some Other Spring" (Arthur Herzog Jr., Irene Kitchings) – 4:22
- "Make Me Rainbows" (Alan Bergman, John Williams) – 3:24
- "After You've Gone" (Henry Creamer, Turner Layton) – 3:45
- "'Round Midnight" (Bernie Hanighen, Thelonious Monk, Cootie Williams) – 4:43
- "Fine and Mellow" (Billie Holiday) – 2:42
- "You've Changed" (Bill Carey, Carl Fischer) – 3:15
- "Honeysuckle Rose" (Andy Razaf, Fats Waller) – 3:23
- "St. Louis Blues" (W. C. Handy) – 5:18
- "Basella" (Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald) – 10:21
1Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone2:04
2Sweet Georgia Brown3:10
3Some Other Spring4:23