A Partridge Family Christmas Card (1971)
Shopping Bag (1971)
Razor & Tie
The Partridge Family
Christmas music, Rock music
The Partridge Family albums, Christmas music albums
A Partridge Family Christmas Card was originally released as a vinyl album of Christmas music in 1971. The case of the album contains a reproduction of a Christmas card that was signed by the whole Partridge Family, the stars of a 1970s sitcom. The song "My Christmas Card to You" was original, but the remainder of the tracks were standards. Like most of the Partridge Family songs, the lead vocals are sung by David Cassidy, who played Keith Partridge in the show. The album also features one of the few Partridge Family recordings featuring Shirley Jones as the lead singer ("The Christmas Song").
A Partridge Family Christmas Card was the best-selling Christmas album in the United States during the Christmas season of 1971. It was the number 1 album on Billboard magazine's special Christmas Albums sales chart for all four weeks that the magazine published the chart that year.
The album was reissued in 1992 on CD and is also available as mp3 downloads.
Only two tracks, "Winter Wonderland" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", were featured on the TV show (in the second season episode "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa")
- "My Christmas Card to You" (Tony Romeo)
- "White Christmas" (Irving Berlin)
- "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (Haven Gillespie, J. Fred Coots)
- "Blue Christmas" (Billy Hayes, Jay W. Johnson)
- "Jingle Bells" (Traditional; arranged by Wes Farrell)
- "The Christmas Song" (Mel Tormé, Robert Wells)
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (Johnny Marks)
- "Winter Wonderland" (Richard B. Smith, Felix Bernard)
- "Frosty the Snowman" (Jack Rollins, Steve Nelson)
- "Sleigh Ride" (Leroy Anderson, Mitchell Parish)
- "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (Hugh Martin, Ralph Blane)
1My Christmas Card to You2:34
3Santa Claus Is Coming to Town2:29