| February, 1957
New York City|
Orrin Keepnews and Bill Grauer, Jr.
I Love Jerome Kern
Marathon Media International Ltd.
A Harry Warren Showcase, I Love Jerome Kern, This Is New, Newer Than New, Man Bites Harmonica!
A Harold Arlen Showcase is an album by pianist Kenny Drew recorded in 1957 and released on the Riverside Records subsidiary Judson label. The album was rereleased on CD by Milestone Records as a compilation with its companion album A Harry Warren Showcase as Kenny Drew Plays the Music of Harry Warren and Harold Arlen in 1995.
The Allmusic review called the compilation "melodic, tasteful and lightly swinging... a nice set if not all that essential".
Kenny Drew - piano
Wilbur Ware - bass
- "Come Rain or Come Shine" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) - 2:43
- "That Old Black Magic" (Arlen, Mercer) - 3:24
- "Over the Rainbow" (Arlen, E. Y. Harburg) - 3:12
- "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" (Arlen, Ted Koehler) - 2:20
- "As Long as I Live" (Arlen, Koehler) - 2:48
- "It's Only a Paper Moon" (Arlen, Harburg, Billy Rose) - 2:15
- "Stormy Weather" (Arlen, Koehler) - 3:00
- "I've Got the World on a String" (Arlen, Koehler) - 2:19
- "Let's Fall in Love" (Arlen, Koehler) - 2:36
- "Ill Wind" (Arlen, Koehler) - 3:02
- "Blues in the Night" (Arlen, Mercer) - 2:42
- "Get Happy" (Arlen, Koehler) - 2:47
1Come Rain Or Come Shine2:44A Harold Arlen Showcase Wikipedia
2That Old Black Magic3:24
3Over The Rainbow3:14