A Groovy Situation (1970) Set Us Free (1971)
Release date 1970
Label Blue Note Records
Artist Reuben Wilson
Producer Francis Wolff
|Recorded September 18 & 25, 1970|
Similar Reuben Wilson albums, Jazz albums
Reuben wilson a groovy situation 1970 tracka3 if you let me make love to you then why can t
A Groovy Situation is the fourth album by American organist Reuben Wilson recorded in 1970 and released on the Blue Note label. The CD reissue added one bonus track.
- Reuben wilson a groovy situation 1970 tracka3 if you let me make love to you then why can t
- Reuben wilson a groovy situation
- Track listing
Reuben wilson a groovy situation
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awarded the album 3 stars and stated "With songs like this, there's no question that Wilson is going for a wide audience, and while these smooth, funky grooves will do nothing for jazz purists, it's an entertaining record, and some of the grooves are quite hot indeed".
Track listingAll compositions by Reuben Wilson except as indicated
- "While the World Lies Waiting" – 5:13
- "Sweet Tooth" – 6:55
- "(If You Let Me Make Love to You Then) Why Can't I Touch You?" (Charles Courtney, Peter Link) – 6:20
- "A Groovy Situation" (Herman Davis, Russell R. Lewis) – 8:47
- "Happy Together" (Gary Bonner, Alan Gordon) – 5:32
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" (Stevie Wonder, Lee Garrett, Syreeta Wright, Lula Mae Hardaway) – 6:20
- Recorded at Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on September 18 (track 6) and September 25 (tracks 1-5), 1970.
1While the World Lies Waiting5:10
3If You Let Me Make Love to You Then Why Can't I Touch You6:15