| Nikos Galis (33.5)|
| 5 Jul 1986 – 19 Jul 1986|
| United States men's national basketball team|
1990 FIBA World Championship, 1978 FIBA World Championship, 1970 FIBA World Championship, 1994 FIBA World Championship, 1950 FIBA World Championship
The 1986 FIBA World Championship was an international basketball competition hosted by Spain from July 5 to 19, 1986. The Final phase of the tournament was held at the Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad, Madrid. They were classified as the official men's basketball event of the 1986 Goodwill Games, held simultaneously in Moscow.
Teams that were eliminated in the preliminary round were all tied for 13th place, regardless of their win-loss records.
The Philippines, despite being the Asian Champions with a complete and strong line-up, withdrew from the competition due to the People Power Revolution going on in their country.
Dražen Petrović (Yugoslavia)
Arvydas Sabonis (USSR)
Oscar Schmidt (Brazil)
David Robinson (USA)
Valeri Tikhonenko (USSR)
1986 FIBA World Championship Wikipedia
- Nikos Galis (Greece) 33.7
- Oscar Schmidt (Brazil) 28,1
- Choong-Hee Chung Hee (South Korea) 27.8
- Dražen Petrović (Yugoslavia) 25.2
- Kim Kim (South Korea) 19,4
- Juan Antonio San Epifanio (Spain) 19,3
- Antonello Riva (Italy) 19,2
- Tan Kim Chin (Malaysia) 19,2
- Mario Butler (Panama) 19
- Marcel de Souza Ponickwar (Brazil) 18