|Covid-19|Monarch – Oscar II
Prime Minister – Louis Gerhard De Geer
2 March - The Helga de la Brache affair is completed by a conviction of the de la Brache after her exposure.
- Televerket (Sweden) introduces the telephone to the Swedish government.
- Foundation of the Söderbloms Gjuteri & Mekaniska Verkstad
- Inauguration of the Tisselskog Church
- First issue of the Östersunds-Posten
- Swedish Society for Anthropology and Geography is founded.
11 January – Oskar Andersson, cartoonist (died 1906)
5 February – C. V. A. Strandberg, poet (born 1818)
3 May – Mathilda Berwald, concert singer (born 1798)
1877 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1877 in Sweden