|Covid-19|Monarch – Charles XV
1863–1864: Rudberg and Gillis Bildt develop a city plan for Stockholm. Albert Lindhagen is appointed head of a commission to examine the plan the following year, only to produce a plan of his own in 1866. The plan, published in 1867, results in no actions.
- Inauguration of Berns Salonger in Stockholm.
- Foundation of Skandinaviska Banken.
- Alfred Nobel invents dynamite.
- Foundation of the Alfred Berg company.
- The Risbergska skolan is founded.
- Danviken Hospital is closed.
- The Post- and telegraph professions are opened to women.
7 August - Johanna Hedén becomes the first licensed female surgeon by passing her exam as feldsher.
15 December – Axel Danielsson, socialist agitator and journalist (died 1899)
11 March - Amanda Christensen, business person (died 1928)
1863 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1863 in Sweden