|Covid-19|Monarch – Charles XV
- A.E. Schwabitz and A.E. Rudberg produces a proposal for the regulation of Gamla stan.
- The Dissenter Acts (Sweden) allow citizens to leave the state church.
- Kamewa is created.
- Royal Gothenburg Yacht Club is founded.
- The internal passport, until then needed to travel inside the country, are abolished.
- Jeanette Berglind founds the pioneer institution Tysta Skolan (Silent School) for the deaf in Stockholm.
21 January – Karl Staaff, prime minister (died 1915)
7 February – Anna Norrie, actress
18 February – Anders Zorn, painter (died 1920)
17 December - Carl Lindhagen, politician (died 1926)
10 August – Sara Augusta Malmborg, singer, pianist and painter (born 1810)
17 December – Désirée Clary, queen dowager (died 1777)
- Kloka Anna, cunning woman (died 1797)
- Ebba d'Aubert, pianist (died 1819)
1860 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1860 in Sweden