|Covid-19|Monarch – Oscar I
7 May - The Swedish Evangelical Mission is established.,
29 September - Fredrika Bremer publishes her famous novel Hertha, which contributes to a great debate about reform within women's rights.
15 October – André Oscar Wallenberg establishes the Stockholms Enskilda Bank.
- Revision of the Infanticide Act (Sweden).
- Inauguration of the theater Folkan in Stockholm.
- The Western Main Line, the main railway line between Stockholm and Gothenburg, is inaugurated.
8 March - Cecilia Milow, author, translator, educator, campaigner and suffragette (died 1946)
3 September - Selma Ek, operatic soprano (died 1941)
- Maria Cederschiöld, journalist (died 1935)
- Anna Sterky, union worker (died 1939)
- Karolina Widerström, first female physician (died 1949)
- Elisabeth Charlotta Karsten, painter (born 1789)
- Charlotta Öberg, poet (born 1818)
1856 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1856 in Sweden