|Covid-19|Monarch – Oscar I
18-21 March - A series of riots, Marsoroligheterna, takes place in the capital inspired by the Revolutions of 1848
- The Tales of Ensign Stål is published.
- The Cause célèbre of Sophie Sager.
- HDK (school) is established.
- Cecilia Fryxell open her first school: her schools is to become influential in the education of females.
- A new type of ferry traffic, with boats propelled by hand-operated paddle wheels instead of boats managed by oars by the Rower woman, are introduced in Stockholm.
- Banditen : berättelse by August Blanche
- Catharina Månsdotter by Wilhelmina Stålberg
- Fänrik Ståls sägner by Johan Ludvig Runeberg
- Första älskarinnan by August Blanche
- Hittebarnet by August Blanche
2 May – Harald Hjärne, historian (died 1922)
13 February – Sophie von Knorring, writer (born 1797)
13 March – Johan Niclas Byström, sculptor (born 1783)
7 August - Jöns Jacob Berzelius, chemist (born 1779)
1848 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1848 in Sweden