|Covid-19|Monarch – Charles XIV John
January - The Cause célèbre murder of Catharina Ulrika Hjort af Ornäs chock the country.
- Kloka Anna i Vallåkra begin her career as a religious visionary.
- The first issue of the Nya Wermlands-Tidningen
- Albert Bonniers förlag is founded.
- Stor-Stina starts her exhibition tours.
- Grannarne by Fredrika Bremer
19 May – Pontus Wikner, lecturer in philosophy and professor of aesthetics (died 1888)
30 July – Signe Hebbe, opera singer (died 1925)
– Johanna Hedén, midwife (died 1912)
3 January - Christina Rahm, opera singer and actress (born 1760)
11 January - Catharina Ulrika Hjort af Ornäs murder victim (born 1767)
7 February - Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden, deposed monarch (born 1778)
20 May – Johan Afzelius, chemist (born 1753)
24 May – Gustaf Lagerbielke, politician (born 1817)
21 August - Sophia Rosenhane, benefactor (born 1757)
1837 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1837 in Sweden