|Covid-19|Monarch – Gustav III
- The first maternity hospital, Allmänna BB, is opened in the capital.
- Manganese is isolated by Johan Gottlieb Gahn.
- The manufacture of brännvin are taken over by the state, but the project does not meet with success as the Swedish public continue to manufacture it at home.
- Marstrand is made the only free port in Sweden.
- Afhandling om Bitter-, Selzer-, Spa- och Pyrmonter-Vatten samt deras tillredande genom konst by Torbern Bergman.
- By royal letter, all women in need of support are allowed to sell used items freely, such as used clothes, used furniture and other items which they had not made themselves and which were not recently manufactures and thereby would not disturb the privilege of the guild.
- Gustav Åbergsson, actor (died 1852)
16 May - Ulla von Liewen, courtier and royal mistress (born 1747)
Rosa Scarlatti, opera singer (born 1727)
1775 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1775 in Sweden