|Covid-19|Monarch – Charles XII
February – Charles XII gives Georg Heinrich von Görtz the responsibility of internal affairs.
8 April – Swedish Wismar is taken.
6 September – Charles XII makes Lund his base.
- Suecia antiqua et hodierna by Erik Dahlbergh.
30 January - Carl Fredrik Adelcrantz, architect (died 1796)
- Pehr Kalm, botanist, naturalist (died 1779)
- Karl Gustaf Ekeberg, explorer (died 1784)
- Anna Margareta Salmelin, war heroine (died 1789)
- Carl Piper, politician (born 1647)
1716 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1716 in Sweden