|Covid-19|Monarch – Charles XI
- Wedding between the King and Ulrika Eleonora of Denmark.
- In the Riksdagen 1680, Charles XI introduces absolute monarchy in Sweden by banning the council from making suggestions unless asked to bey the monarch.
- During the Riksdag, the Great Reversion is introduced: The Baronies and Counties of the nobility, the donations from the foreign provinces, and all donations worth more than 600 silver a year is reverted to the crown, which leads to the confiscation of about 80 percent of all the property donated from the crown to the high nobility during the 17th-century.
- Wenerid by Skogekär Bergbo.
10 June - Johan Göransson Gyllenstierna, statesman (born 1635)
2 September - Per Brahe the Younger, statesman (born 1602)
- Debora van der Plas, business person (born 1616)
1680 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1680 in Sweden