|Covid-19|Monarch – John III
16 march - The Russian Siege of Reval in Swedish Estonia ends.
march - Swedish victory over the Russians in the Battle of Ubagall.
August - The deposed monarch and his family is taken to Åland.
October - The deposed monarch and his family is taken to Gripsholm Castle.
- A tax is introduced in order to pay the Danish ransom of Älvsborg.
- The church order of Laurentius Petri is finally accepted.
- The education system is officially transferred to the Lutheran Church from the former Catholic church.
- The creation of the Swedish Church Ordinance 1571, the first complete order of the Protestant Swedish church. The church ordinance also includes a chapter about schooling, in which all children in the cities, regardless of sex, are to be given elementary schooling.
- The ban from 1560 is retracted and the church are permitted to baptize, marry and bury the Romani.
- The church ordinance declare that a son or son-in-law of a priest should be chosen first to succeed him as parish vicar.
1571 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1571 in Sweden