|Introduced 1992||Status Active|
|TLD type Country code top-level domain|
Registry Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
Sponsor Ministry of Communications (Kuwait)
Intended use Entities connected with Kuwait
.kw is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Kuwait.
Second level domains
Registrations are at the third level beneath these names:
Registration is done through third party ISP companies by providing the right documents and a fee of 40 KD for two years registration
Local Main ISPs
.com.kw / .net.kw
- A copy from the applicant civil id.
- A brief hand written paragraph indicating the individual intent to register the subject domain name.
- An official signed and stamped company letter from the company manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A valid certificate from Ministry of Commerce with a clear expiry date. (This paper is needed for new registration and renewal operations)
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name registration.
- A letter from Ministry of Social Affairs stating that the organization is nonprofit.
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A letter from Ministry of Education proving that the organization is a registered institution for beginners, intermediate, high school, college, .. etc.
- An official signed and stamped letter requesting the domain name operation.
- Letter must originate from one of these offices: