| 10 July 1990|
10 July 1990
Doctor Dream Records
| Montezuma Was a Man of Faith
Andy Prieboy albums, Other albums
...Upon My Wicked Son is the first solo album by Andy Prieboy, released in 1990 (see 1990 in music). The album cover is "Fallen Angel" by David Sandlin.
"On the Road Again" is a cover of the Canned Heat song, whose lyrics inspired the album's title. The song "Tomorrow Wendy", about a friend of Prieboy's dying of AIDS, bears the rare distinction of having a cover version released (on Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting, 15 May 1990) before the original album was released. Prieboy's version of the song features Concrete Blonde's singer Johnette Napolitano on vocals.
- "On the Road Again" (Jim Oden) – 4:44 Performer – Beth Hooker
- "To the Dogs" (Prieboy) – 4:09
- "Montezuma Was a Man of Faith" (Prieboy) – 3:34
- "Tomorrow Wendy" (Prieboy) – 4:44 Performer – Johnette Napolitano
- "Nearer to Morning" (Prieboy, Ned Leukhardt) – 3:24
- "Man Talk" (Prieboy) – 4:45
- "Loving the Highway Man" (Prieboy) – 3:32
- "The New York Debut of an L.A. Artist (Jazz Crowd)" (Prieboy) – 2:20
- "Joliet" (Prieboy) – 3:27
- "That Was the Voice" (Prieboy) – 3:51
- "For Love" (Prieboy) – 3:05
- "Maybe That's Not Her Head" (Prieboy) – 3:22
- "Big Rock Finish" (Prieboy, Ned Leukhardt) – 3:52
from CD liner notes Backing Vocals – Dee La Duke, Estefan Bravo, Jeff Hlavary, Joe Chamberlain, John Maxwell, Ken Petrosky, Steve Siegrist, Sue Rawley, Terry Gahan, Trudy Trulove
Bass – Scott Thunes
Drums – Dave Scott
Drums, Percussion, Drum Programming – Ned Leukhardt
Engineer – Barry Rudolph, Francis Buckley, Joe Tortoricci*, Mike Fennel, Ryan Greene
Guitar – Marc Moreland, Mikal Reid
Guitar, Piano, Keyboards – Andy Prieboy
Mixed by – Barry Rudolph, Francis Buckley
Painting [Cover Painting]– David Sandlin
Photography by – Reggie Ige
Producer – Andy Prieboy
Programmed by [Computer] – Mike Fennel
Trombone – David Dean
Violin – Michael Barberra*
Written by – Andy Prieboy (tracks: 2 to 13)
from LP liner notes Johnette Napolitano appears courtesy of I.R.S. Records.
Dave Scott appears by the grace of MCA Records and Kill For Thrills.
Michael Barberra appears through the benevolence of Mary's Danish.
The artist's home features the collection of Gretchen Victor.
The cover painting "Fallen Angel" was painted by David Sandlin and licensed through the courtesy of Gracie Mansion Gallery. It comes from the collection of Danny Elfman. For more information on the artist please write: Gracie Mansion Gallery, 532 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
1On the Road Again4:44...Upon My Wicked Son Wikipedia
2To the Dogs4:09
3Montezuma Was a Man of Faith3:34