* Jayson Lansburg & Katelyn Reina both crossed the Big Balls as the first and second contestants of Season 3. ** Jackie Evans became the first person to cross the Trampoline Sweepers. *** First two to pass the Spin Cycle.4:10.5 is the third fastest team qualifier time ever from seasons 1-6!
* Peet became the third person to clear the Big Balls. ** Burt became the 1st person to successfully crossed the Shape Shifter. *** First person to pass the Double Cross the quickest. **** Right before John was going to sign off, Eddie finished the Wipeout Zone.This is the first episode of Season 3 to have the final four males.
Peet Montzingo later auditioned for the first season of The X Factor but did not advance to bootcamp.
* Debbie Markham became the first single mother ever in the Wipeout Zone to win the game. * Debbie Markham became the first to cross "The Gut Buster" successfully. **Tucker Carney's nickname was originally "Mother Tucker," but the producers were forced to re-record the commentary with the new name of "Mommy Dearest" after ABC censors balked at the name. Carney was later asked back as "Mother Tucker" in the Season 4 All-Star Competition (after Modern Family used the same name for an episode) in season 4, but was eliminated in the first round and edited out of the program. *** Isaia Ofoia is the 1st person to survive the Door Knock. Later, Amanda Raddatz was the 2nd. Rene Thorn & Tucker Carney passed as well, but it was not shown.Megan Smith was the 4th of 5 contestants known to take more than 10 minutes to finish the Qualifier. (Margie Stubbs and Nancy Novak in S1E1 and "Pretty Hot and Thick (PHAT)" Sandy Bowles in S1E6 and Heather Dorando in S3E08 were the other 4.) ("Nursing Student" Kameisha Thomas' time was never said, but she fell off the Big Balls with almost 10 minutes on the clock.)
Title reference: During the Qualifier, Jill and John Henson can be seen doing "The Bus Driver" dance, but Anderson wasn't.
* This is the first time that women have won consecutive episodes of Wipeout. Title reference: World Cup-themed course.
Jennika Farley became the 5th female to have the best time in the Qualifier (April Robles, Shara O' Leary, Janica Polmanteer and Kristen Egizi were the first, the second, the third and the fourth).
The Big Balls were modified to look like soccer balls
* Quan Pham became the 1,000th contestant on Wipeout. He also became the first of Season 3 to cross the Sucker Punch and the fourth person to clear the Big Balls. He was also the second to survive getting hit by the Motivator (Terry Smith was the first). The 2,000th contestant competed in season 6.This is the 2nd all-male Wipeout Zone in season 3 since episode 2.
Title reference: "Wipeout: The Game for Wii" has been promoted on the show.
* Robin Burton became the first to conquer the Shake-a-lator and fifth person to clear the Big Balls. Later on, she, reached the 20:00.00 time limit. However, her partner did compete with the time set back to 00:00.00. This was a very weird Zone.
** Mrs. Wishy-Washy appeared to have quit after her back-breaking fall into the water screaming "Give me a minute!". Mr. Wishy-Washy's run began after the commercial break with the time set back to 00:00.00.A very fun first obstacle in the qualifier: the Blob Launch.
* Bob grabbed the brass ring in Bruiseball, giving him a $1,000 bonus. ** Max became first to cross the Shake-A-Later in a regular episode. *** Jodi Tanaka, Max Raddatz and Andrew Deaver became the first, second and third contestants to cross the Tramp-o-mean. **** Samantha Curtin became the second person to cross the Sucker Punch. Title reference: John Henson's obstacle submission in the qualifier round known as the "Tramp-o-mean".Bob Is The 25th Male Champion Of Wipeout.
** Sean Foster originally did not make it to Round 2, but an unnamed contestant known having a Mohawk supposedly quit early during the round and Sean Foster is thought to have been the replacement for this contestant from photos although never mentioned happening.
* Karalyn Sharamitaro is the first person to cross the Organ Grinder.
*** Second Contestant Named Scott Jones.This episode matches the most motivations in one qualifier (5, in S2E15), This marks the most Motivations with the Deck Motivator.
Randy Wiggs and Lauren Halyburton both crossed the first set of the smack wall sweeper.
Heather Dorando is the fifth contestant known to take more than 10 minutes to finish the Qualifier. Margie Stubbs, Nancy Novak, Sandy Bowles, and Megan Smith were the first, second, third and fourth.
Title reference: Jill Wagner was hungry during the qualifier round.A new blue-colored Wrecking Ball was introduced in this episode, The Slow Wrecking Ball, plus the old Wrecking Ball has a softer voice in this episode. (hence the episode title reference)
This is the third all-male Wipeout Zone in Season 3.
As proved when "Repo Man" was first seen in the qualifier, John Henson's sidecar was repossessed by Charles Dorsey.
Not shown, but David Ramos crossed the big balls.
* This has a record for most motivations with 8 people. ** David Hutchison became the 2nd person to cross the Trampoline Sweepers (Jackie Evans was the 1st).
Title quotation from: Michael "Moobs" White, to the banana hammock on the Overdrive.
* Frank Beasley grabbed the ring in the Beach Party, giving him a $1,000 bonus ** Frank Beasley was the fourth person to cross the Door Knock, third person to cross the Sucker Punch and Shakalater, and second person to cross the Shape Shifter. (Burton Hendrickson is the first.)Also, for Season 3, Frank has the fastest (known) time on the Qualifier and the least amount of Qualifier wipeouts so far, only wiping out on the Big Balls.
Title reference: The "Door Knock" obstacle where a contestant gets hit with a hammer no matter which door they choose. It was practically a Knock-knock joke within itself. John mentions that there is 'something funny' after seeing all doors having hammers.
* Marie Ramirez and Jamie Cardiff are the first 2 to miss the plate at third base. Later, while the two were reaching for it simultaneously, the umpire incorrectly indicates Jamie as the winner.
** Only one person did not compete because the time has expired for 'Cop and Attitude'.
*** Marie Ramirez posted a time for 20:34.31, but because Jamie Cardiff finished with a combined time of 13:58.50, Tony Juarez did not get a chance to compete in the Wipeout Zone.
**** 12 families competed in this episode (hence the title)
***** Tony Juarez was the only person this episode to cross the Big Balls, his daughter, Marie, failed to do so.
* 'Coach' Michael Ewing grabbed the brass ring in the Car Wash and won $1000.
** Peter Ton was the 4th to cross the Shakealater.The Wrecking Ball has the same softer voice from S3E8.
This is the fourth all-male Wipeout Zone in Season 3.
Title reference: Contestant Viviana Landeros had a censor bar over her rear that reads "Totally Inappropriate!" It was assumed that she wasn't wearing anything underneath her miniskirt.
*Carl Winefordner is the third and final contestant to miss home plate. (Marie Ramirez and Jamie Cardiff were the first and second.)
**Darrel Rivenbark is the first to cross both Spiked Whackers on his first attempt.
*** Keith Phillips is the 1st to pass the Beaten Path.
**** David Brummel was the first contestant to appear on his birthday. That's because the competition took place on David's forty-fifth birthday.
***** Clint Gage's girlfriend, Eleanor, was nicknamed "Smelly".
****** David crossed both the Spin Cycle and the Triple Threat without making a single wipeout.This is the fifth all-male Wipeout Zone in Season 3.
This was also the first episode since Season 2 Episode 3 to be all-male from the third round onwards.
Title reference: Ketchup, mustard, hotdogs, and hotdog buns were flinged at the 6 semifinalists during Bruise-ball.
* Kylie & Kendall Long are the second set of twins to appear on Wipeout. Cara & Stephanie Berline were the first.(S2E10) In S2E10, John H. can't figure out which twin is which, but in this episode, neither one of the hosts can find out which one is which.
** Andrea Corkhill and Heavenly Swendsen currently hold the record for most ribs, eight, crossed on the Rib Rage.
*** Lauren Taksa was the only shown contestant on Ladies` Night to successfully cross the Big Balls.
**** Because Andrea Corkhill is a "naughty baker", the cake that she brought to Jill has been censored. Also, the answer from John Henson's question has been bleeped out, even though she didn't cuss.This is the second time since S2E02, that 4 females competed in the Wipeout Zone.
This is the 2nd Time Jill gets to be in the booth. The 1st time was in S1E07, when she accepted her Wipey. This time, she was replacing John Henson as a temporary commentator in the booth, while he became a sideline reporter.
This is the first time the last four contestants all completed the Wipeout Zone.
On its original air date, this episode did not air until 9:15 on ABC because of Barack Obama's speech. It did air regularly on the Canadian channel, Global Television, though.
This is the third time it rains on the Wipeout course.
Holly George was the only contestant on Ladies` Night to complete the Spin Cycle on her first try.
Heavenly Swendsen was the only contestant on Ladies` Night to cross Triple Threat on her first try.
Kendall Long crossed the sucker punch, but it wasn't shown.
Both Kylie & Kendall Long crossed the Big Balls and the Chick Flick, but it wasn't shown.
Title reference: All female contestants in the episode. This is the 1st episode with no males.
* David Damiani is the fifth to conquer the Shake-a-lator, although it wasn't shown. Later, he also grabbed the brass ring in the Food Fight.David Damiani's nickname and first name combined sounds like "Big Baby Davis" which is a player in the NBA.
Rico and Rebecca Curtis were the second married couple to appear on a non-Couples episode. (The Simptons (Willa and James), S1E5 were the other two.)
Tiffany Garcia now works for YouTube by the title IHasCupquake.She is also named Tiffyquake and makes videos with her husband Mario Herrera.
** Rico Curtis is the third to cross the Shape Shifter. (Burton Hendrickson and Frank Beasley were the first and second.) He was also the first to cross without riding in a shape.
*** During the second run, a chef threw pizza sauce, causing all the contestants to drop into the water. However, Rebecca Curtis dropped last, so she moved on. Title reference: Food being flung at contestants by "servers" on a cafeteria-themed "spinner" round.
* Ryan Gahagan is the third to cross the Trampoline Sweepers. (Jackie Evans & David Hutchison were the first and second.)
** Brie Carter and Tesara Liggins both matched the record of crossing eight ribs on the Rib Rage. Brie Carter was the only that crossed the peg legs on her first try ( this episode )
*** After just one wipeout, Michael decided to quit.
**** Ryan refused to do a second attempt on the Spin Cycle. Title quotation from: John Henson, acting as a pirate while introducing a Pirate-themed "Circular challenge" round.
Brie Carter crossed The Big Balls, although it wasn't shown.
* Corey Kilroy is the only one to cross the Sweeper Trees.This is the sixth and final all-male Wipeout Zone in Season 3.
** Geoffrey Lee grabbed the brass ring in American Revolution, earning him $1000. He was also the first person to fail to make the Wipeout Zone after grabbing the brass ring. *** Dean Viana was the final contestant to clear the Shake-a-lator Title reference: Volunteers of the police force, fire depts. military, and other civil services take on the course.