Rob & Fab
The Real Milli Vanilli
Pop music, Dance music
| All or Nothing, The US‑Remix Album: Al, Girl You Know It's True, The Remix Album, Best of the Best|
The Moment of Truth is the only studio album by the pop group The Real Milli Vanilli, released in 1991.
The album includes the original singers from the first album, but with the actual singers on the cover instead of Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan, who did not sing a word. Charles Shaw lost the ability to record for this Milli Vanilli album after being paid for silence regarding his involvement with the first Milli Vanilli album.
The Moment of Truth spawned three singles, "Keep on Running", "Nice 'n Easy" and "Too Late (True Love)". In addition, the album features rappers Icy Bro on "Hard as Hell" and Tammy T on "Too Late (True Love)". A Diane Warren-penned song, "When I Die", has been covered by several other artists, including Farian's No Mercy. Another Warren song "Tell Me Where It Hurts" was covered by Christian singer Kathy Troccoli and released as a single in 1994.
A potential source of confusion is the title: the spine for the album indicates that it is titled Keep on Running, but the cover and CD say The Moment of Truth.
There was no U.S. release. Some of the songs from this album were re-recorded with Ray Horton on lead vocals and retitled Try 'N' B, which did see a U.S. release (see below).
"When I Die" appears on soundtrack of the Brazilian soap opera "Lua Cheia de Amor" in 1991 and received airplay in the radio stations on Brazil.
The Real Milli Vanilli
John Davis — vocals, backing vocals
Brad Howell — vocals
Gina Mohammed — vocals
Ray Horton — vocals
Linda Rocco — backing vocals
Jodie Rocco-Hafner — backing vocals
Joan Faulkner — backing vocals
Frank Farian — backing vocals
Franco Dittman — backing vocals
P.G. Wylder — keyboards, arrangements, programming
Marc Dalton — guitars
Peter Welhe — guitars
Mike Wonder — programming
Kerim Saka — programming
Tobias Freund — programming, engineering
Mel Collins — saxophone
Dino Solera — horns
Felice Civitareale — horns
Claus Reichstaller — horns
Curt Cress — drums
Bernd Berwan — engineering
Helmut Rulofs — engineering
Michael Bestmann — engineering
Norbert G. Yanicke — engineering
Milli-Ingrid Segieth — production coordinator
Frank Farian — producer
Hans Wegner - cover design
Helge Strauß, Manfred Esser - photography
- "Keep on Running" (Frank Farian, Franz Reuther, Chris Kindt) – 4:06
- "Tell Me Where It Hurts" (Diane Warren) – 4:05
- "Crazy Cane" (Mike Wonder, Kerim Saka, Leo Slater, Cab Calloway) – 3:55
- "When I Die" (Frank Farian, Dietmar Kawohl, Peter Bischof-Fallenstein, Diane Warren) – 4:00
- "Body Slam" (Frank Farian, Mike Wonder, Kerim Saka, Ralf Battle) – 2:22
- "Nice 'n' Easy" (Frank Farian, P.G. Wylder, Robert Rayen, Diane Warren) – 3:40
- "Hard as Hell" (Frank Farian, Kerim Saka, Leo Slater, Diane Warren) – 3:58
- "In My Life" (Clyde Lieberman, Jeff Pescetto, Richard James Burgess) – 3:50
- "Too Late (True Love)" (Mike Wonder, Kerim Saka, Tanya Coogler, Bill Pettaway, Ky Adeyemo, George Phillips) – 3:45
- "The End of Good Times" (Frank Farian, P.G. Wylder, Mary Susan Applegate) – 3:45
- "I'll Be Loving You" (Mike Sutton, Brenda Sutton) – 3:30
- "Big Brother" (Dino Fekaris, Nick Zesses) – 3:58
In 1992, RCA signed on to release the album as the debut of the newly created group Try 'N' B. The self-titled album release Try 'N' B contained 10 songs, including 7 of the original songs of The Moment of Truth. Most of these tracks were rerecorded. There were also three additional tracks not found on The Real Milli Vanilli release. These new songs were:"Ding Dong"
"Who Do You Love"
"Sexy Eyes", a remake of Dr. Hook's song.
Because of significantly better sales under the name Try 'N' B in America, a slightly modified Try 'N' B debut album was also released internationally.
Frank Farian for MCI – producer
Recorded and mixed at Farian Studios/Far Studios
P.G. Wylder – keyboards
Marc Dalton, Peter Weihe – guitar
P.G. Wylder, M. Wonder, K. Saha – arrangements
P.G. Wylder, Mike Wonder, Kerim Saka, Tobias Freund – programming
Mel Collins – saxophone
Dino Solera, Felice Civitareale, Claus Reichstaller – horns
Tobias Freund, Bernd Berwanger, Todd Canedy, Helmut Rulofs, Michael Bestmann, Norbert G. *Yanicke – engineering
Milli-Ingrid Segieth – production coordination
Mike Schraft – photos
Jacqueline Murphy – logo design
Mike Wonder and Kerim Saka – special thanks for support
- "Tell Me Where It Hurts" (Try 'n' B, Warren, Diane) – 4:09
- "Keep on Running" (Try 'n' B, Farian, Frank) – 5:13
- "Ding Dong" (Try 'n' B, Saka, D.) – 3:48
- "When I Die" (Try 'n' B, Bischof, Peter) – 4:21
- "Body Slam (Try 'n' B, Battle, R.) – 3:23
- "Sexy Eyes" (Try 'n' B, Mather, R.J.) – 4:04
- "In My Life" (Try 'n' B, Burgess, R.) – 4:07
- "The End of Good Times" (Try 'n' B, Applegate, M.) – 4:18
- "Nice 'n' Easy" (Try 'n' B, Farian, Frank) – 4:08
- "Who Do You Love" (Try 'n' B, Davis, J.) – 5:22
1Keep On Running4:07The Moment of Truth (The Real Milli Vanilli album) Wikipedia
2Tell Me Where It Hurts4:18