Neha Patil (Editor)

Murco Petroleum

Updated on
Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit
Covid-19
Industry  Oil and gas
Area served  United Kingdom
Founder  Murphy Oil
Headquarters  United Kingdom
Services  Fuel stations
Founded  1960
Murco Petroleum murcocoukwpcontentuploads201605logomurco
Products  Oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas and LNG trading and transportation, oil refining and chemicals
Website  www.murco.co.uk/welcome.htm
Parent organizations  Murphy Petroleum Limited, Motor Fuel Group

Murco Petroleum Ltd is a United Kingdom–based oil refining company. It was set up by Murphy Oil Corporation in 1960. The company owns a forecourt based chain of Costcutter convenience stores. In 1981, Murco purchased an 30% stake in Amoco's Milford Haven Refinery and in 2007, they purchased the remaining 70%.

In November 2014, it was announced that Milford Haven Refinery was to close, with the loss of around 350 jobs. In October 2008, they purchased Petrol Express Limited for £52 million from its parent company GNE Group, and the 63 sites brought Murco's total number of petrol stations to 230.

References

Murco Petroleum Wikipedia


Similar Topics
Moby Dick (2010 film)
Ian Measham
Alan Ferguson
Topics
 
B
i
Link
H2
L