|Released March 1980 (Australia)|
Artist Air Supply
Label Arista Records
Release date March 1980
Genres Soft rock, Pop music
|Lost In Love
(1980) The One That You Love
Producers Rick Chertoff, Charles Fisher, Harry Maslin, Robie Porter
Similar Now and Forever, Love & Other Bruises, Yours Truly, The One That You Love, News from Nowhere
Air supply lost in love acoustic version
Lost in Love is the fifth studio album by Australian soft rock band Air Supply, released in March 1980. Their previous four albums never received much attention outside Australia, but Lost in Love was a massive success on international charts. It peaked at #22 in the US with three Top 5 singles. It sold over 3 million copies, reaching multi-platinum status.
- Air supply lost in love acoustic version
- Lost in love lyrics live version air supply
- Track listing
- Air Supply
- Additional Musicians
Lost in love lyrics live version air supply
Hit singles include the title track "Lost in Love", which peaked at #3 on US charts in May 1980 and earned Graham Russell a composer award for "song of the year" and "most played song". The song is considered by many to be their signature song and is admittedly Russell Hitchcock's favourite. The single "All Out of Love" became the biggest hit from the album, reaching #2 in the US. It has been regarded as their most famous song, including several interpretations. The third top 5 single of the album, "Every Woman in the World", peaked at #5 in the US. Although never a single, "Chances" has been included on many of the band's hits compilations. "Just Another Woman", a disco song, was originally released on the album Life Support, and was also a hit in Malaysia during the 1980s.
The album achieved mainstream popularity because of the work of producer Clive Davis and the band's new contract with Arista Records, introducing the band into the US. This was the first Air Supply album to crack the American charts.
The album gave Air Supply a huge fan base by the time the album was released and gave the band recognition as "most successful pop group" and "best group of 1981". Critics praised the album as their best studio album along with their follow-up album, The One That You Love.
- "Lost in Love" (Graham Russell) - 3:51
- "All Out of Love" (Graham Russell, Clive Davis) - 3:59
- "Every Woman in the World" (Dominic Bugatti, Frank Musker) - 3:33
- "Just Another Woman" (Graham Russell) - 3:51
- "Having You Near Me" (Graham Russell, Rex Goh, Clive Davis) - 3:50
- "American Hearts" (Graham Russell, Dominic Bugatti, Frank Musker, Clive Davis) - 3:13
- "Chances" (Graham Russell) - 3:31
- "Old Habits Die Hard" (Criston Barker, David Moyse) - 3:03
- "I Can't Get Excited" (Graham Russell) - 5:01
- "My Best Friend" (Graham Russell) - 2:32
1Lost In Love3:54
2All Out of Love4:03
3Every Woman in the World3:30