21st Century Fox
18 December 2011; 5 years ago (2011-12-18)
576i (SDTV) 16:9, 1080p (HDTV)
UK: 0.05% (April 2016 (2016-04), BARB)
Life OK (Hindi: लाइफ ओके) is a Hindi language Indian cable and satellite television channel based in India, part of Star India, which is fully owned by The ShowMaker Company and 21st Century Fox. The channel launched on 18 December 2011, and is distributed in many parts of the world. The channel replaced STAR India's now defunct youth-oriented channel STAR One.
Life OK started their HD version in India with high definition 1080i picture quality And 5.1 Dolby digital sound in October 2012. It is currently available on Tata Sky, Videocon D2H and Dish TV.
The channel launched in the United States on 1 March 2012, though its programs were aired on STAR India One prior to its launch. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, Life OK also ran under the STAR One brand until 28 May 2012, when it became Star Life OK.
Content development for Life OK was handled by Sanjog Gupta, while programming was originally headed by Dimpi Dey, and now by Sushma Rajesh.
On 9 September 2012, Life OK's mythological drama Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev recorded an 8.2 TVR, its highest TRP of 167.
- Har Mard ka Dard: Vinod Khanna played by Faisal Rashid, a middle class professor in a girl's college in Patiala is a man caught between many demanding women - his wife Sonu played by Jhinal Belani who always expects him to be romantic, his mother played by Vaishali Thakkar who always wants him to be more domineering, and his mother in law Romila played by Tuhina who disapproves of him. Vinod juggles between the shenanigans of all the women in the household. An Apsara played by Mansi Multani enters Vinod’s life. She gives him magical mani that gives him the power to hear women’s thoughts. Vinod slowly learns his boon is a gift & a curse because there's a huge difference between knowing what women think & knowing what to do about it.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh: On 13 November 1780, a visionary was born who would unite Punjab under one flag, named Maharaja Ranjit Singh played by Damanpreet Singh. He was a lion heart who not only conquered territories, but also won the hearts of the people of Punjab. The leader, who led not by fear and brute power, but by compassion and humanity. The King who did not rule, but served. Life OK showcases the journey of this unsung hero, where the need for a leader to unite and the need for tolerance and secularism is felt deeply.
- Ghulaam: Berahampur, is the crime capital of India, where criminals are manufactured and supplied to different political parties across the country. Ghulaam is the story of a man from this land- Rangeela, played by Param Singh, a slave brainwashed to obey the laws of his master. It is the story of his redemption. Rangeela is a born Ghulaam or a bonded slave to Chaudhri Veer Singh, starring Vikas Manakktala, Shivani played by Niti Taylor is an 18-year old innocent girl from a lower middle class family. She is duped by Rangeela into marrying him, only to serve her up as a bride for his master. The story follows the journey of Rangeela, from loneliness to love, from slavery to freedom.
- May I Come in Madam: May I Come in Madam is a Hindi TV show aired on Life OK. Sajan played by Sandeep Anand is tired of his intrusive in-laws and longs for a few moments of privacy with his wife, Kashmira played by Sapna Sikarwar. When he meets his authoritative yet attractive new boss Sanjana played by Nehha Pendse , he thinks he has found an escape but finds himself juggling between his wife and boss.
- Savdhaan India: Savdhaan India - India Fights Back is a crime fiction series about dramatised criminal cases from across India. It brings to you the harsh realities faced by the people and how they retaliate to the crimes bravely. It is hosted by Sushant Singh and Divya Dutta
- Chandrakanta: The story of an warrior Prince Virendra Singh played by Gaurav Khanna, discovering the power of love with the beautiful princess Chandrakanta essayed by Kritika Kamra. Prince Virendra Singh was born a hero but was taken away in the shadows of a villain. But this wasn’t his journey alone. True love entered his life in the form of princess Chandrakanta who filled his heart with compassion. She showed him the path to heroism and the journey to his destiny. Chandrakanta is a love story weaved in thrill, deceit, magic, mystery of tilism and fantasy.