| Gene Ammons, Mary Hopkin|
| March 18, 19 & 20, 1974
New York City|
My Way, Blue Groove, Up Tight!, Night Lights, Sock!
Goodbye is the final album by saxophonist Gene Ammons recorded in 1974 and released on the Prestige label.
The Allmusic review stated "It is ironic that on tenor saxophonist Gene Ammons' final recording date, the last song he performed was the standard "Goodbye." That emotional rendition is the high point of this session... It's a fine ending to a colorful career".
All compositions by Gene Ammons except as indicated
Gene Ammons - tenor saxophone
Nat Adderley - cornet
Gary Bartz - alto saxophone
Kenny Drew - piano
Sam Jones - bass
Louis Hayes - drums
Ray Barretto - congas (tracks 1-5)
- "Sticks" (Cannonball Adderley) - 6:29
- "Alone Again (Naturally)" (Gilbert O'Sullivan) - 5:58
- "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)" (Duke Ellington, Irving Mills) - 5:41
- "Jeannine" (Duke Pearson) - 7:14
- "Geru's Blues" - 7:36
- "Goodbye" (Gordon Jenkins) - 4:32
1Out in the Sticks6:30Goodbye (Gene Ammons album) Wikipedia
2Alone Again (Naturally)5:59
3It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)5:41