German order of precedence Wikipedia
The German order of precedence is a symbolic hierarchy of the five highest federal offices in Germany used to direct protocol. It has no official status, but has been established in practical use.
- The President of Germany (Bundespräsident)
- The President of the Bundestag (Bundestagspräsident)
- The Chancellor (Bundeskanzler)
- The President of the Bundesrat (Bundesratspräsident), ex officio deputy to the President of Germany (Basic Law, Article 57). Thus, he or she becomes first in the order, while acting on behalf of the President or while acting as head of state during a vacany of the presidency.
- The President of the Federal Constitutional Court (Präsident des Bundesverfassungsgerichts)