Heavy metal, Hard rock
| Springfield Sound 1976 - 1979|
White Lace & Black Leather
White Lace & Black Leather, Back for Another Taste, No Rest for the Wicked, Wild in the Streets, Rockin' in My Outer Space
Breaking Loose was the first independent album by the Canadian rock band Helix. It was released in 1979. Joe Anthony from KISS FM in San Antonio, Texas began playing "You're A Woman Now" which enabled the band to play there for the first time. It also featured "Billy Oxygen" written and sung by guitarist Brent "The Doctor" Doerner. The song mixed genres such as hard rock, metal, funk and progressive rock and garnered them some early Canadian airplay.
It was first issued on CD with White Lace & Black Leather as part of the Helix compilation CD The Early Years, released by Capitol in 1992. It was later re-released individually by the band, but is now out of print.
Breaking Loose (album) Wikipedia
Brian Vollmer - lead vocals (1-3, 6-8)
Brent Doerner - guitar, backing and lead (4, 5) vocals
Paul Hackman - guitar, backing vocals
Keith "Bert" Zurbrigg - bass
Brian Doerner - drums
Produced by R.A. "Bob" Morton. Recorded at Springfield Sound studios.
Mastering by George Marino at Sterling Sound, NYC
"Don't Hide Your Love"
- "I Could Never Leave" (Paul Hackman, Brian Vollmer) - 4:06
- "Don't Hide Your Love" (Hackman) - 3:18
- "Down in the City" (Vollmer) - 5:56
- "Crazy Women" (Brent Doerner) - 3:22
- "Billy Oxygen" (Brent Doerner) - 4:24
- "Here I Go Again" (Brent Doerner, Vollmer) - 3:34
- "You're a Woman Now" (Hackman) - 5:37
- "Wish I Could Be There" (Hackman) - 6:17