| 21 October 2000|
| Au Zénith
10 October 2000
Pop music, Rock music
| NRJ Music Award for Francophone Album of the Year|
Vanessa Paradis albums, Pop music albums
Bliss is a 2000 French pop album by singer Vanessa Paradis. It is her fourth studio album and contains the single "Commando".
The album proved to be one of her least successful efforts, with none of the singles reaching the No. 1 spot in France as anticipated. However, it is notable because American actor Johnny Depp performed on some of the tracks. It also marks the recording debut of Lily Rose Depp, Johnny and Vanessa's daughter, as she is featured on one track.
Despite a weak chart run, Bliss spawned a few minor hit singles. The primary one was "Pourtant", which is often regarded as Paradis' most poetic work. Singles "Commando" and "Que fait la vie" were the other single releases off this album.
Fans also note Bliss for its extensive artwork, all of which was hand-painted by Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp, with use of watercolors. The lyrics are included with the booklet.
The album topped the French album charts and remained on the charts for 49 weeks
- "L' Eau et le Vin" (Bashung, Golemanas, Mortier) 4:36
- "Commando" (Golemanas, Langolff) 3:41
- "When I Say" (Chedid, Paradis) 4:00
- "Pourtant" (Chedid, Monnet) 3:37
- "Que fait la vie?" (Golemanas, Paradis) 4:19
- "Les Acrobates" (Monnet, Paradis) 3:42
- "La La La Song" (Dereaux, Paradis) 4:25
- "L'Air du temps" (Chedid, Paradis) 4:17
- "St. Germain" (Depp, Paradis) 2:36
- "Dans mon café" (Golemanas, Langolff) 4:31
- "Firmaman" (Paradis) 4:40
- "La Ballade de Lily Rose" (Paradis) 2:31
- "Bliss" (Depp, Paradis) 4:17
1L'Eau Et Le Vin4:38Bliss (Vanessa Paradis album) Wikipedia
3When I Say3:58