|Covid-19|Monarch – Oscar I
- The Conventicle Act (Sweden) is removed and the free churches are legalized.
- Establishment of the Geological Survey of Sweden
- Gothenburg Central Station is inaugurated.
- Statistics Sweden is created.
- Inauguration of Vänortsparken
- Legal majority for unmarried women (if applied for; automatic legal majority in 1863).
- Louise Flodin starts her own news paper in Arboga, staffed exclusively by women.
- The formal right of an employer to physically discipline their adult servants is abolished.
28 February - Tore Svennberg, actor (died 1941)
20 November - Selma Lagerlöf, writer (died 1940)
- Kata Dalström, political agitator (died 1923)
- Alina Jägerstedt, union worker (died 1919)
- Ebba Bernadotte, philanthropist and morganatic consort (died 1926)
15 October - Karl Gustaf Mosander, chemist (born 1797)
- Ulla Stenberg, artist (born 1792)
1858 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1858 in Sweden