|Covid-19|Monarch – Frederick I
6 June - Premier of the Den Afwundsiuke by Olof von Dalin at Bollhuset in Stockholm.
August - A treaty with France is made against the opposition of Arvid Horn.
- Arvid Horn steps down as President of the Privy Council Chancellery.
- The first ballet with professional native Swedish ballet dancers is performed at Bollhuset in Stockholm.
- Premier of the Fru Rangsiuk by Reinhold Gustaf Modée at Bollhuset in Stockholm.
- Ichthyologia by Peter Artedi
- The Hats (party) and the Caps (party) is created.
- The religious affair of Passionsspelen på Stora Bjurum
- Samtal emellan Argi Skugga och en obekant Fruentimbers Skugga by Margareta Momma
June - Erika Liebman, poet (died 1803)
22 July - Nils Henric Liljensparre, police officer (died 1814)
17 December - Fredrika Eleonora von Düben, painter and Embroidery artist (died 1808)
- Anna Sofia Ramström, courtier (died 1786)
26 February - Burchardt Precht, furniture maker and sculptor (born 1669)
Gustaf von Psilander, admiral (born 1669)
Anna Catharina von Bärfelt, royal favorite (born 1673)
November 8 – Barbara Catharina Mjödh, poet (born 1776)
1738 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1738 in Sweden