Monarch – Sigismund
8 May - The Russo-Swedish War (1590–95) is terminated by the Treaty of Teusina with a victory and territorial gain for Sweden.
- The Riksdag of Söderköping elects Duke Charles Regent (though not monarch) and bans the Catholic mass.
- The last remaining Catholic convent in Sweden, the Vadstena Abbey, is dissolved and the nuns leave for Poland.
- The Uppsala University, revived two years prior, is granted is official letter of privilege.
1 May - Lars Kagg, officer (died 1661)
- Władysław IV Vasa, prince (died 1648)
- Ebba Mauritzdotter Leijonhufvud, courtier and foster mother of queen Christina (died 1654)
26 June - Magnus, Duke of Östergötland, prince (born 1542)
- Henrikki Laavunpoika of Kankainen, army commander (born 1512)
1595 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1595 in Sweden