|Covid-19|Monarch – John III
- The arrival of the Pope's ambassador Antonio Possevino to Sweden.
- The so-called Röda boken (The Read Book), a church service which establishes a compromise between Protestantism and Catholic, is introduced.
- Tre Kronor (castle) is rebuilt as a renaissance palace.
- John III takes the title Grand Prince of Finland.
- Sigrid Sture appointed governor of Stranda Hundred.
- Johan Skytte, soldier and politician (died 1645)
- Jesper Mattson Cruus af Edeby, soldier and politician (died 1622)
- Eric XIV of Sweden, monarch (born 1533)
- Jakob Bagge, admiral (born 1502)
1577 in Sweden Wikipedia
Events from the year 1577 in Sweden